Sunday, January 01, 2006

Mileage up as snow melts


Happy New Year! After a quiet New Years Eve last night, was ready to run at 10.00 this morning.

A successful couple of days. 9 km at pace yesterday (using my new toy the HRM, I ran at between 150-155) and a further 18 km today at easy pace (141 max HR). So training plan on target.

A bit of a sad day in the Bedders household as Patches the dog that we were dogsitting, goes back to it's rightful owners after they returned from holiday today. KB is quite attached and while CB was never really comfortable in the dog's company, Mrs B clearly liked having the dog around. As for me I surprised myself a bit - I am not a dog lover and never really will be, this one was certainly a nice breed (something like a Dutch hooienhondtje) and good company in front of the fire.

Rest day tomorrow - pic of patches-the-dog left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dad!!
I miss patches already! She was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!! I just wish that CB wasnt so scared! Maybe patches should've bitten her... :)
FAB christmas.. I got such kwl stuff!!!
Luv,
kt
-xxx-

Bedders said...

you're right. patches was cute. but as I said Loobie spent more time on the stairs than in the living room. must say you were great with her. christmas was great. well done with the puppie. love you. D. x