Friday, January 20, 2006

Now, that's better, although very thirsty at the end

Just finished a 22km run tonight (time 2:07, ave HR 140) and while I was tired at the end, had no reaction from the calf. Am delighted. I did actually run without carrying water or refreshment and ran two loops of 8.5km and an extra 5km. At the end of loop one I stopped and opened a bottle of Aqua, drank half of it and hid the bottle up a small tree to collect on my way back round. When I came round again for the second lap, 45 minutes later, it was pitch black of course (no lights up by the canal that I run alongside) so couldn't find the right tree or the bottle!! Prat! Make note - must leave drinking water in lit area next time or carry it with me. Did eventually find it up Tree # 3 I looked in but if anyone had seen me then they would have thought I was mad. Rest day tomorrow - can't wait.

A massive thanks to everyone who has added comments on the blog - it makes such a difference - and to all those who tell me that they have come on here to checkl out what I am up to. Keep popping back!


No comments: