Thursday, January 05, 2006

To pizza or not to pizza? - that is the question


Firstly a big apology to everyone who receieved my rather impersonal email today about helping me and Mrs. B raise money for Cystic Fibrosis. I apologise because I never like sending emails that are not personally addressed. I hope you will all understand. But a great big thank you to those people who have already pledged money. I really mean it when I say every single Euro, pound or dollar (indeed every currency) makes a massive difference. And it kind of makes training runs like tonight worth it.

Got back from work and went straight out on a 6km run (for those who are interested, it took 31 mins, my HR average was 136 and I burned just over 230 calories) and during the run I was thinking that we are already over 10% of the way to our target which is fantastic. Now here comes a dilemma. I burn 230 calories by running for 30 mins and I get back, feeling very hungry to find Bedders Juniors have left two small slices of pizza from their dinner in the kitchen. So the question is, do I eat a slice knowing that my net gain on the run is nil or am I feeling virtuous, ignore the pizza, throw it away and go straight to the tap water? The answer is of course obvious - I am a highly tuned athlete, need I say more......................Oh, and just in case you don't believe me about going for a run this evening, here is a photo of me taken when I got back (before I ate the pizza!).

2 comments:

CommonDreads- said...

www.justgiving.com/ianmaggie -go there it rox!!!
love
kt

Bedders said...

Hi KT - Great post - do you charge for this PR or is it free??? Many thanks - I just know we will get to the 2k target. c u later.