Saturday, January 14, 2006

Injury update and hotel booked for London

Saturday morning and my calf seems to have responded positively to the fact that I drank an extra glass of wine last night. Much improved and looking like I will be running again by Thursday next week. The first run after an injury is always a little worrying as you are just waiting for something to go wrong. If I do hit the road again next Thursday I will only have missed 48km of training out of a final total of around 900. Maybe I can pick this up and I am sure that if I stay injury free for the rest of the program my time at FLM will not suffer that much. After my Chicago experience then I keep telling myself that I will consider it a good run if I can keep myself upright to collect a goodie bag which I failed to do in October. But whatever goal I set myself, in the back of my mind is the fact that come what may, I am determined to break 4 hours. So all I have to do is shave off a miserly 21 seconds from my Chicago time I will have done it. Doesn't seem too bad does it? But I will say this FLM 2006 is for me to be enjoyed and I am already determined not to put myself under pressure.

Have just booked up hotel accomodation in London for the night before FLM for myself and Mrs. B. Staying at Holiday Inn, Mayfair which is approx 1km walk from the finish. I recommend it as a reasonable priced hotel and very close to the Mall. Also bang in the centre of town.

No comments: