Thursday, January 12, 2006

First day of not running

While this is supposed to be a blog about running and training for the London Marathon, I am afraid that for the next week it will be the ramblings of a very unhappy injured runner. And, believe me, runners who should be training but can't are not happy people. I just hope that over the next 10 days or so, the weather is truely miserable, raining, cold, snowy etc, so then I will not feel quite as bad.

However, it does give me time to get my blog up to date and generally more fun. Expect new features, links and other things.

The hope of course is that I have been running pretty much seriously for 6 weeks (after taking a break of 8 weeks from running the Chicago Marathon) so I do have at least a decent base from which to pick up from. But I wonder how long it takes to loose that base? Hopefully I won't find out. The other thing is that having asked people to sponsor me there is this nagging worry in my mind that I have a responsibility to run FLM. Before at Berlin or Chicago it didn't matter so much if I did not run as it was only for me, but this time, it's different and that puts a different pressure on you.

I just hope this injury is one that goes after a week or so. I have two more physio sessions booked and am not running (in fact I am having trouble walking without a limp) until I feel fine. That will still leave me time for at least another 12 weeks of preparation for FLM.

No comments: