Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday night in

6km tonight and felt really good. For one of the first runs for ages, I felt that it is starting to come together. Although 32:15 mins, ave HR 146 is hardly record breaking it is getting there as we say. I do not wish to tempt fate so we shall see how I feel after Sunday. It should be a pacey 10km tomorrow then a long run of 17km Sunday which is the end of a climb down week.

Someone asked me today if I wanted to join them in the ballot for the New York Marathon in Nov 2006. That's exactly how I find myself in the position I am in today!! Entering a ballot, not thinking I would get in and, hey presto, I'm back up and down the canal every night. No way. Not again. Not so soon. Not never, but not now.

Anyway, having a quiet night in tonight. Mrs B is working at the moment (actually probably on a secret long run), KB is at a youth club and CB is at a party at a swimming pool. I am now beginning to feel old. I can remember my father taking me to youth club, and I can remember thinking how old he was then. Anyway, all is well as KB tells me I am not really old (well, not compared to other Dads of friends she has) so I gave her 2 Euros to buy a drink at youth club for being so nice to me. I can see this being an expensive few years ahead of me, especially when she wants to buy real drinks. So, old and broke - what a thought. Still I'll hopefully be fit, old and broke which doesn't quite seem so bad.


No comments: