Thursday, January 19, 2006

A short explanation

My last post needs some explanation. I don't normally find an aiport, seek out the long stay car park and go for a run. However, on this occaision I was staying at an airport hotel whose running machine broke while I was on it. In fact at about 1.5km the thing just stopped dead - and I flew forward. Quite comical I imagine if you were watching. So after asking the hotel where I could run they shrugged their shoulders and sent me to the longstay carpark. As I say, it had all the credentials - flat, quiet, well lit and a stones throw from the hotel lobby.

Came home last night after a 3:30hr flight and went out and ran 9km. After another crack of dawn physio appointment this morning, reckon I am ready to take on a long run at the weekend after my setback. Hopefully I am now back on track.

1 comment:

Will Burrard-Lucas said...

Glad to hear you are back on track!

I will have to try a long term car park sometime... sounds like a nice change of scenery! ;)