Friday, January 13, 2006

Trying to stay positive


..................but it is not easy. Funny that I find it easier to be positive after a few glasses of vino tinto. I think that the best way to get through the next few days is to treat it as a holiday from training - few glasses of wine, the odd chocolate bar, relaxing by the pool, watching Celebrity Big Brother - you know the score. Hey Bedders, just enjoy yourself! I am aiming to be fit to run again in 10 days time so I keep telling myself that if my leg improves 10% each day that should do it. It's amazing what you can persuade yourself to think.

Now here comes the dodgy pic taken by Mrs B. This pic should be called "calf in ice pack". Hmm not sure David Bailey has got much to worry about but all the same I have to say that it is, I am sure you agree, a fantsatic calf "pic". Albeit knackered. And while it will not win "sexy calf of the year" then at least you get another view of our rug that Patches the dog was sitting on a few weeks ago! Why is it that all blog pics have ridiculous backgrounds?!!

3 comments:

Will Burrard-Lucas said...

sorry to hear about your injury... it is every runner's worst nightmare. it is hard to know what to do when you feel a twinge... to stop training or not? i guess the key is to warm up as well as possible. good luck with the recovery.
Will (www.marathonblog.co.uk)

Will Burrard-Lucas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bedders said...

Hi Will. First sign of a twinge and we all carry on regardless - if only I hadn't gone out and rested. So easy to say after the event. Thnakfully it is much better and I reckon a week will be enough. But it is so frustrating!!! I will be warming up next time I go out believe me.