Monday, January 23, 2006

Back to the serious issue of running

Having indulged myself on the last two posts, I return to the issue of training for the FLM. For some reason I do not seem to be getting any quicker. "Slowly does it" - I know - but surely not this slowly. Went out tonight but my body was very confused. For the last 6 months at least, Monday has been a rest day. Not tonight. Out we go, sub zero temp (minus 4 at a guess) for 6km and my body did not know quite what had hit it. " Hey Bedders, what' s with the running tonight? Monday is stay-in-and-make-a-curry night!" OK. I am out of sync because I ran my long run on Friday night and have a meeting in Madrid on Wednesday pm (I arrive at 19.30) which as most people will tell you, starts at around 21.00 and finishes heaven only knows when. So, no time for a quick up and back Madrid high street (or if you are me, around the Madrid airport long stay carpark), no, it's Rioja all the way.........well one is allowed one night off I suppose. And I love the Spanish welcome I get. Infact that I why I do this running thing. Not to break records, not to win anything, just to ensure that I reach an early middle age, I can eat, drink and be reasonably merry.

Competition update - Mrs B is being cautiously careful about declaring her running plan at the moment. Either it is going so well that she is becoming over confident - or, not so well. Hmm, we shall see. I am tempted to dress up as a carrot (or another suitably areodynamic vegetable) at FLM so I can keep on her shoulder and glide past her during the last mile. The master of disguise......

By the way, anyone want my curry receipe just ask - it is truely wicked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do u do takeaways by chance?

Bedders said...

if you live in Voorschoten then maybe.....