Friday, December 30, 2005

In the bleak-mid winter

Snow, lots of snow and therefore a run free day. I should be happy but would love to have got out today. It would have been frankly dangerous, so helped CB build a snow man and had a snowball fight - something all Dads have to do at some point. Must admit I was surprised at the accuracy of the snowball throwing of Bedders Junior but I suppose for kids it is in the genes. The dog has arrived and so far survived. CB is not entirely comfortable with the new arrival but not much longer to go before we give it back to it rightful owners.

Today braved the snow and went with NE (running partner) to the so-called best runnning shop in Holland. And it was very good indeed. Shame they wanted to try and charge me 30 Euros for a running analysis (free if you buy a pair of shoes) and even greater shame that they do not tell you this until after it is completed. Anyway, I bought a heart rate monitor Polar s200 so we shall see if this helps me train. (no good of course if it is snowing....)

My new shoes arrived from Road Runners in USA. I had ordered from them before and I have to say I find them excellent. Two days after confirming the order a brand new pair of NB arrive. Excellent webs site, great customer attention (I ordered by phone) and swift service. Would use them again.

Total kms so far this week 25 so must get out tomorrow and Sunday (New Year's day) for the long run. Nothing major planned New Years Eve so roll-on Sunday.

No comments: