Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A day's Christmas shopping then a 6km run. Must be mad.

Well actually feeling pretty good tonight as I had a very early get up to catch a flight to London, had a whole days' Christmas shopping and then came home and ran 6km. I am sure this early keenness will wear off but until it does long may it continue (if that makes sense).

True to form, never a KLM flight goes by without something interesting happening. This time I was told off at Schiphol for not checking in at the right self service counter - "are you in Business class and are you a Platinum Elite ++ member - if not please do not check in here again and in future go to balie 13 (the other end of the airport)" Actually I was flying on Airmiles in Economy and I guess rules are rules. But it was 06.20 in the morning and the airport was empty. Can't wait to see their faces tomorrow when I try the same check-in balie and answer yes to both questions. They'll probably ask me their final killer question, like " are you related to the Dutch Royal family?" then ask me to check-in, in future in the dreaded balie 13......

Anyway, went to the London Marathon shop in Covent Garden expecting to be surrounded by FLM 2006 goodies only to be told that they weren't in yet. Well why call yourself the London Marathon Running shop if 85% of your goods are available in Niketown? Maybe this is harsh, but when I have been there before I have always been disappointed in the stock they have. Couldn't they have some retro gear in that I am sure would sell while they wait for the new stock? The service on the other hand was excellent and they tell me that the 2006 gear will be in before Christmas. Must say that the
video running on their screens of the FLM 2005 got me quite excited.

Travelling again tomorrow so will take an enforced rest day as I am overnight somewhere very cold.

No comments: