Monday, December 12, 2005

The competition, (Mrs. B), starts reading Runners World - 2004 edition!

After my 10 km run yesterday and feeling pretty pleased with myself, I walk into the kitchen to find Mrs. B secretly reading a copy of Runners World. Nothing wrong in that I think, until I see that it is an issue from July 2004! Not only is she seeking out old copies that have headlines like "do you want to have sexier looking legs" *no thanks - sexy enough* but she is clearly scouring all the old copies for that extra training tip that will give her the advantage in April. So, not to be outdone....... I intend to hide them. There, that should do the trick.

Yesterday, without divulging the extent of my training plan we kind of decided as a family we would run The Hague City-Pier-City race in March. For anyone who has not run it, then take a look. It's a great race with over 16.000 runners in the half, great timing for FLM and as many I think running the 10km. Yesterday we agreed that CB would run the 2.5km, KB the 5km (if she can find a few mates to run with her) and Mr B and Mrs B would run a very uncompetitive 21km. I would like to make the point now that I see this race as a mere training run and I am not, repeat not, aiming for a particular time (sit on the shoulder of Mrs B for the first 20.9km then sprint at the finish should do me!!!).

Today is a rest day. Typical as we have blue skies, beautiful sun and no wind. Bring on the rain and sub zero temperatures tomorrow.

No comments: