Monday, December 26, 2005

Competition hotting up and we are only in January!


For the first time in about 3 years Mrs. B and myself went for a training run together on Christmas Eve. Now there are a few noticable differences between running with Mrs. B than with my normal training partner. Firstly, Mrs. B doesn't talk. Now, what's the point of going out on a run together if you don't chatter all the way round? Normallly we discuss football, gadgets, running and all sorts of everyday things, but Mrs. B prefers to concentrate. Nothing wrong with that but I am sure she was making mental notes of how I ran, my gait, my breathing patterns etc... so come April she has the competition well documented. Secondly she notices things that I don't normally notice. So when a lady ran past us, and Mrs. B mentioned that "she needs to buy a better sports bra!" I had missed the opportunity to make comment. Damm! I must be more observant next time. And thirdly, Mrs. B does not like me spitting. Now I know that sounds horrible in itself, but I don't do it every day and every sportsman I know, every now and again has to clear their throat. When we were 3 km into our run and I did, Mrs. B reacted " hmm. nice." and carried on running. She also reminded me to wash my gloves and hat when we got home......

We ran just over 8 km on Christmas Eve, and I actually ran just over 6km on Christmas day. However, I felt my left calf twinge a bit around the front of the leg (hope it is not shin splints) and so have taken a day's rest today before I attempt a long run tomorrow.

And just to make this a bit more Christmasy, here is a pic of the girls on Christmas morning around the tree.




No comments: