Thursday, December 15, 2005

Another quick 6km up-and-back the canal

After a 3 hour flight tonight, got back home and went straight out for a run. Only 6 km again but felt pretty good. I find that the 2-3 hour flights are worse in many ways than the longer ones when you can really relax. Now, credit where it is due. KLM have started to give out quite decent lunchtime food on their flights - a cold pasta salad and a pizza stick. Not to everyone's taste I know but better than their previously tasteless sandwich. In fact I am finding it difficult to fault them today. The staff were happy (that is unusual), the food OK and the flight on time.

I am pleased that my dreaded Achillies tendon has not yet become a problem. For over 18 months I suffered badly from achillies tendonitis. I will write more about this tomorrow as I consider myself to be an amateur expert on the topic and having subjected to my family to nearly two years of running commentary, I feel it only right and proper to explain my cure on this blog.

Next Monday, and the start of the "official" 18 week FLM training program is nearly upon me and whilst I am somewhat apprehensive I will be pleased to get underway. April sounds so far off but I know that it will come around far quicker than I expect.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dad, i think ur doin fab! Keep it goin cos I know u can do it!!!
love
kt

Bedders said...

I will, be sure of that. love you kt. x

Cath Delaney said...

aww

:o)

Bedders said...

... it makes it all worthwhile.....