Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Only 74,000 calories burned since the start

Back to the near normal 8km up and down the canal last night ( 42:34 ave HR 142) and feeling brave I did not wear my hat and gloves - silly move. Still windy, still cold and still wonder why I do it. Actually I am now beginning to wonder what I am going to do once I finish this training. My training partner told me last night that since he started this 18 week program he had used up over 74.000 calories running. I wonder what that looks like in "food"? A few hundred hot dogs perhaps? How much ice cream? Anyway the point is, what size would we be if we hadn't eaten up those calories. Scary. So, it looks as if I will have to carry on running and training or risk being invited to Celebrity Fit Club. I feel an attempt at a Bedders half marathon record coming on in the Autumn. Somewhere around 1:44 would do it.

1 comment:

Bedders said...

New York! Brilliant! how did you get a place in NY? I would love to run that in 2007. And I agree how quick the kilos pile when as soon as you stop running! In fact for stopping is no option....