Monday, March 27, 2006

4 weeks to go so it must be injury time

Ran a cracking half marathon on Saturday and have to say that I felt the best I have ever felt in a road run. Lots of energy left and the time literally flew by. So yesterday I went out for a 10km run - no pace, just av HR 125 but have come back with a hamstring pull. To be honest, it's not really a pull more a niggle (getting too technical am I?). I think it was some pretty agressive treatment I received from my favourite physio last Thursday am which did it, but we shall see. Only 4 weeks to go so I can afford no long term injuries now. I had another appointment for Wednesday am booked up but Mrs. B who has a thigh prob has taken it. This is pretty symptomatic of getting near to finishing the training I think but neverthelss a worry that I did not need. The body has just about had enough. So rest tonight anyway, and may hold back tomorrow before going out on Wednesday.

Big thanks to all those who know I support Reading FC and who have called, emailed and shouted out to me over the last 24 hours. It only happens once every 135 years.

1 comment:

Andy.M. said...

I ran the Reading half marathon a few weeks back and it finished inside the football stadium!
The only half marathon to finish in a Premiership sides stadium - great stuff.
Good luck at London