Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Don't go Bedders!

Oh dear, here we go. Went out tonight and came back after 5km. They say it's not worth running if the run isn't going to be worthwhile and that was the case tonight. Too many reasons for not wanting to run - a strain in my leg that I am sure I can feel one minute then not the next, typhoon strength wind that made running nigh impossible and the fact that it is getting close to marathon day and I wish it was tomorrow. So no more running this week until Thursday. In fact no more thinking about running till Thursday and if anyone sees me running between now and then please tell me to go home. Will run this week Thursday and Friday to catch up.

Curl up on the sofa tonight and watch footie........after having suffered another dose of Eastenders that all the other Bedders seem to revel in. Not good enough just to watch it, we have to record it as well. And check out a website for advance warnings of what is going to happen (so why watch it?....or is this just man's logic). And watch BBC 3 for old versions and talk about it over breakfast next morning.....sometimes I feel like we live on the Eastenders set I know so much about what is going on. In fact I feel like I'm in it some days.

Delighted to report that I live in country of the cleverest people. However I wonder if the IQ of the nation has been significantly increased by the expat population from the UK coming to Holland - especially the men? (hence of course the lower UK ranking because all the clever men are over here). Nothing contentious there then.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you are keeping away from any controversial issues in your blog - I can safely say this as I am neither a nordic walker, female, cyclist, treadmill walker, wouldnt be seen dead in matching team colours and am not dutch or even english!
As for the twinge - could be your body exacting its revenge for a slightly too quick half marathon pace on Saturday!
Stick with it - last long week of training before the marathon

Bedders said...

Laura - I couldn't have put it better myself. Not sure though what happens if you come back to Holland and I go back to UK? Best stay where we are.......

ne - that's what I like about blogs you can say what you want and either no body reads it or no body believes it - probably the former here. But if you supported Reading FC you clearly would have a redeeming feature!! Twinge is being ignored as I just came back from a 10 and launched into a Bedders curry! OK for Sunday?

Anonymous said...

looking forward to it ... jelly babies and all!