Friday, March 10, 2006

A cartwheel round off backward roll

I may be able to run a marathon, but I sure can't do a cartwheel round off backward roll. CB can - as well as a bridge walk over. Makes my long run tomorrow of 20km sound simple. Another day, another leotard and therefore another gymnastic move across the lounge floor that just has me saying "be careful" as I don't know what else to say! Gone are the days when I could do a back flip double round off before breakfast. (as I write this she comes flying past in a whirl of legs, hair and leotard....). Why is it children prefer being upside down than the right way up?

Anyway back to running. Ran a 12km last night at ave HR 147 so felt rather pleased. Moving the long run to tomorrow as it clashes with a locally organised race that Mrs. B is running on Sunday - I'm on kids duty. Looking forward to a weekend after working last weekend.

Oh and by the way, CB informed me that if the riding stable that she goes to had to close (just pretend Dad) and that they said every child had to buy four ponies, she would buy Kees, Colette, Robijn and Salty. There we go. That's reassuring - it could have been 5.

1 comment:

Bedders said...

Hi Richard - thanks for coming by. It is not that far away now actually. Keep up the training and see you on the start line (I'll be just behind Paul Ratcliffe - about 10 miles behind)