Thursday, February 02, 2006

More about the Flora London Marathon shop in London

After a business trip I am now back home and expecting to go out tonight for 6km up and back down the canal. I am sure the people who live alongside the canal have wondered where I have been the last few days. Something along the lines of " I wonder where that idiot who runs up and down here every night has gone. Obviously come to his senses" I say this only because that is what I would think if I saw me.

I was in London the last few days and went to the Flora London Marathon Shop in Covent Garden. After saying how poor the stock was just before Christmas I can now report that the shop does have more London Marathon 2006 clothing. But I don't know who designed it as I think it is awful. Dreadful colours, poor use of logo etc..Do runners actually get close to help them design the gear or is it designed by a marketing team who haven't ventured out for years?. I can imagine that one of the marketing team for FLM put on their CV as an interest "keep fit, exercise" and was therefore given the job of designing the clothing. I know that is a cynical thought, but that is how it is. Compare the attire to that produced by the team at Chicago last year and it is no way as good. They are sitting on a potential gold mine here and just don't seem to realise it.

No comments: