Sunday, February 19, 2006

Jelly babies

A succesful weekend of running with 9km on Saturday and 20km today. However, I still feel as if there is a considerable way to go before I feel really fit - actually I felt decidedly tired today and am looking forward to a day off tomorrow. Last time I was in UK I bought myself a bag of Jelly Babies and took a few in my pocket for my run today. What a treat - whilst I didn't have time to decide what colour to eat and to chew off their head first, as you did when you were younger, I had forgotten how good they tasted. You should have seen CB's face when she saw me pocketing a few before I went out. "why are you taking sweets with you on your run Dad?". As I told her, even adults sometimes need to eat sweets.......I didn't really want to get into the long-run-blood-sugar-level debate with a 7 year old.

Spring is on the way and the weather is feeling a lot less cold which makes the long runs more pleasurable. In fact it was so nice today that we launched our boat after it had been up on our decking all winter and took it for a spin up to the lake and back again. I call it a boat and I suppose that is what it is but it is only a 3m dingy affair with a small outboard motor - still it gets us up and down the river without getting wet. Bedders Juniors are pressing me to buy a new boat for 2006 so we shall see.

1 comment:

Bedders said...

Hi Laura. That is such a good idea. It's such a shame that you can't buy Jelly Babies in Holland. Also as I run kms then I would have to have a bag of 42!! Did you bite their heads off first?? I know what you mean about the smell of something reminding you of a marathon. I have the same problem with Squeazy gels, peach flavour. If I never tasted one again I am sure the smell would always remind me of a marathon.