Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Can you tell me the way?

Why is it that car drivers see runners as a cheap and alternative source of directions when they are lost? I must have been stopped at least three times in the last week by drivers wanting to know where x was, or how could they get to x. I had to say in my best Dutch that as I was around 10km from where I lived (obviously showing off!) I had no idea. Actually that has been true - but more importantly it's windy, cold and threatening to rain so the last thing you want to do is engage in a conversation with someone who is nicely warm and cosy in their car trying to decifer where they want to go. Sorry, next time stop a walker who is wrapped up against the elements and typically can't wait to start a conversation - leave runners alone as they are running for a reason. That is, they want to get home as quickly as possible!

Ran 13 km tonight as I felt good (1:16:03, ave HR 147). If the training goes like this for the rest of the 8 weeks then I will be delighted.

KB got her first set of contact lenses today and is well made up.

CB had her second day at Pony Camp and is equally made up (and a little smelly if the truth be known). Still nothing that a good hosing down in the shower doesn't cure.



No comments: