Sunday, February 26, 2006

Everything back to normal

A long run on a Sunday of 31km (3:09:18, av HR 137), CB smelling nice again, KB's friend gone back to UK after staying over and Mrs. B getting ready for her long run tomorrow - as I say everything back to normal.

We ran today into the teeth of a howling gale (well, it felt like it) for 15km then turned around with the wind behind us. It makes such a difference getting a gentle push from behind for the last hour and a half. But we ran so far away from where we live it felt as if we were foreigners. I don't even drive that far for a day out, but think nothing of running it.

Travelling on business for the next two days and taking a good day's rest tomorrow. Roll on next Sunday's 32 km. No problem........apart from the aching achillies, stiff knee, stressed thighs, a leaky water bottle and the fact that I have run out of jelly babies.

1 comment:

Bedders said...

I'm just being brave. I know how you felt. When you run that distance for the first time you do indeed want to cry as everything aches. I have to say yesterday I surprised myself. I am not an athlete and have no delusions as to the time I will take at FLM but all I want to do is beat 4 hours and finish upright. Not too much to ask!

ps do you know where I can buy jelly babies in Holland?