Thursday, February 16, 2006

Feeling guilty

I really must get a grip of myself. I know that this marathon training can become a little over bearing and all consuming, but I am sitting here in a hotel in Budapest, having not bought my running gear and getting angry that I have missed a chance to run. Even though I have promised myself a run tomorrow night when I get back to Holland, the fact that I have an evening without running just doesn't feel right. I have not missed a training session for a few weeks now and even though by running tomorrow I will complete this weeks kms I still feel as if I have missed a chance to run.

A planned 6km tomorrow, 11 km on Saturday and a sharp 23km on Sunday and I will looking forward to a rest day. Mad isn't it. When the rest day comes the temptation to run is even greater.

I was reading yesterday on a runnersworld forum click here of a lady that has not yet started training for Flora London marathon yet and wondered if it was too late. Not too late if she intends to walk I suppose but a bit risky I would say if she intends to run.

No comments: