Thursday, February 23, 2006

A successful if somewhat smelly week


Apart from the wind and cold, and the fact that as the week draws to an end, CB smells more and more like the horses that she is riding every day, it's been quite a successful training week. 8km yesterday at pace (av HR 147) and just finished a 12km run (av HR 137, 1:10:12). Have to say that I thought this weather was supposed to become more mild but it isn't and looks set for a windy weekend. Nevermind.

See picture above of a horse taking CB for a walk.

Weighed myself and came in at 78 kgs which for me is fab. Until of course I told Mrs. B who engaging in her own style of pre Flora London Marathon physcological warfare, made me feel a whole lot better by telling me that of course I was lighter I had just finished a run. "drink some water and you will soon be back up in weight. I can loose 2kg on a long run". I half expected her to finish off with a "so there!!". Still I don't believe her because if that were true after about 30 long runs on the basis of loosing 2kg per run, she would practically disappear.

No comments: