Sunday, February 05, 2006

The Lemsip kid

This is beginning to get me down. I have a great week running, cover all the KM then go down with a real bad cold just when I should be out running 25km. So instead of running I am drinking Lemsip. This is the second long run I have missed and any more then I will start to get worried. I may go out later for day 12km just to keep the mileage up but I know it won't be a quality run and am only really going to do it as I feel that I have to. The committment to training to run the London Marathon, or indeed any marathon for that matter, is immense. It becomes quite over bearing some times and moments like this when you feel really poorly only go to show that we do indeed do some ridiculous things just to prove a point.

I am away on business most of this week so it's going to be treadmill training in hotel gyms. I never find it particularly satisfying running indoors but no choice this week. Unless that is of course I can find a nice convienient aiport long stay car park to run around.

No comments: