Monday, April 03, 2006

Wind, rain, cold, 32 km and 8 jelly babies.

Did you have a good weekend? Yes great. Went out for a 3 hour, 22 minute run along the sand dunes and sea front in north Holland in a howling gale. 32 km later, cold, wet, hungary, thirsty and generally stiff, it ended. What did you do?

Well, that was the last LSR before FLM and am I glad of that. It wasn't quite as bad as I made out above, for the whole run, but for the first 16km (we run out and back) I have to say that I simply did not have anough swear words to cope. Every step was horrible and much more of a mental test than sticking an arrow into my throat ( if you saw the marathon training reality program on BBC you will know what I mean). But when ne and I turned to come home, wow, wind at our backs and we flew.

32km, 3 hours:24 mins and 8 jelly babies sacrificed. Ave HR 137.

I am still trying to extract all the details of Mrs. B's LSR, but I am not getting very far. Words like s**t, c**p, h*****le and n*v*r a*a*n have been uttered, but it's all a bit unclear. Update to follow when she has calmed down a bit.


No comments: