Saturday, April 29, 2006

New shoes

It is said that after a marathon you are at your most vulnerable to catching sore thoats, coughs and colds. Well I seem to have contracted two of those which has put paid to my run today that I had planned. I suppose the threoy is that after taking so much out of your body for a marathon your immune system is less than perfect and hence you are more like to catch something. Shame that I am speaking at a conference on Tuesday and Wednesday in London but I am sure a few Strepsils and I will be fine.

So this gives me good time to plan for the next bit of equipment I need, namely a new pair of running shoes. It never ceases to amaze me how worn out a pair of running shoes become with the training and running of just one marathon. For the last three years I have run with New Balance 1220 and now that the only way I can get them is via the internet from USA I think a change is needed. Being a creature of habit this will not be easy. But best to change now rather than mid way through a training program. It is Queens Day in Holland today where, for just once in the year the Dutch people let themselves enjoy themselves................ and get drunk. Just like a normal Saturday in UK but a special day in Holland. Hence few running shops are open and hence I will not buy my new shoes until next week.

3 comments:

beanz said...

when are you going to London?

Monday evening?

I am there Monday evening for work on Tuesday!

Bedders said...

I land on Tuesday am early and am around till Thursday early am when I fly off to Ireland for 24 hours. I am at the Paddington Hilton if you would like to meet up for a drink. Any good?

beanz said...

:<( - I'm at the other end of the city

another time