Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Flora London Marathon Expo opens tomorrow

Well it is officially all getting a bit close to the Big Day. The marathon expo opens tomorrow which means it really is countdown. This is the point where I find it tremendously hard to concentrate upon anything else apart from Sunday. One more day at work then, off to London on Thursday to sign up and get my race number. I can't report any running activity today for the simple reason that I did not do any. I did walk to the shops tonight but that was it. Not only am I trying to avoid running but anyone with a cough or a sneeze gets a very long stare from me at the moment. They must wonder what is wrong with me! In an effort to keep bug free, I have had more Vitamin C in the last 5 days than I think I have had since February.

Tonight I started to pack my bag. This list of what it contains is endless. I can't begin to go through it and as such will have to re pack tomorrow and bin half of it. I am determined to keep it as hand baggage on the plane as I don't want KLM to loose my running gear for me, so will have to pack more sparingly.

One final great big thanks to everyone who has so generously sponsored us and donated to CF Trust. You are a real inspiration and when the going gets undoubtedly tough, the fact that so many people have sponsored us will give us that extra kick we need. We have raised nearly 3.000 pounds (click here for more information - it is not too late to sponsor us!) and we are truely grateful.

Please try and watch a small part of the race on TV - I know that it is being covered live by BBC - not so much to see myself and Mrs. B but more to marvel at the other 35.000 runners who have all been out training in all sorts of weather for the last 4 months just to be able to get to the start line.

And if you do see us, give us a shout. Indeed if you are there at the marathon and see me running past, give me a "go bedders" and a kick up the backside as I'll probably need it!

I am hoping to post before Sunday but if not, thanks also for following the last 18 weeks on this blog. It's been so much fun.......................a bit like Sunday eh? And come back Monday/Tuesday to see how we did.

9 comments:

beanz said...

ooh you've got spam again!

Bedders said...

so sad and so annoying.

Bedders said...

Hi sluggie. Thanx. Good luck and have a great run Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Am sure you will have a great run. Just keep yourself relaxed. Guess what, for the first time a Indian sports channel has bought rights for the live telecast of FLM. So I will get to watch FLM in India, looking forward to it. Also, looking forward to a detailed post from you after the race, detailing your experience. Best wishes. Enjoy. G

Bedders said...

Hi Girish, Many thanks.

Anonymous said...

We will be thinking of you both on the big day. Run well. Jeni

@GirishMallya said...

Great work, you did it. 3.58hr is a great time. Could not catch the live telecast, as the cable operator decided against transmitting it. Looking forward to reading your next post. Congrats!

beanz said...

sorry not to meet up

well done on the time

Bedders said...

beanz - I can't believe that I also missed the Runners Group 6 at Mudchute as well! I just did not see them. Did you hook up with them ok? At the end I am afraid I was simply too shattered to do anything apart from go home. Sorry.