Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Long hard period of tapering begins

It must be getting close to the marathon because a few people at work have been asking me "have you run that marathon yet? ". They must think I sit here and write this blog for my own good. Maybe I need to do more marketing and to be honest it's nice that people remember so I'm not complaining.

Mrs. B resorted to the long-hot-bath treatment today to sort out the dodgey legs. Still walking with a limp and a shuffle, but put it to music and it would look quite "with it". Today blamed the fact that her legs were not any better because of all the standing at the ironing board doing my shirts. I thought that may have been theraputic but apparantly not. Had trouble keeping a straight face today as she told me that she has another session with Sparky on Thursday morning. So, if your lights begin to flicker and dim, you know it because Mrs. B has been wired up.

Another 8km up the canal, but this time stopped off on the way home at the supermarket and bought a bottle of wine for tonight. Celebrating the first week of Taper (sounds like a religious festival and it very nearly feels like this has been a religious journey!)


3 comments:

beanz said...

hey we're in the same RW team!

But you'll get there first.

see you at the Thistle afterwards?

Bedders said...

sluggie - some people go to church, we just go running (some do both I guess) but it does feel a touch religious

Hey Beanz you're right! What a co incidence. Do you want me to wait for you?! Where is the Thistle?

beanz said...

Thistle Trafalgar Square - there's athread on the clubhouse about meeting afterwards