Wednesday, April 12, 2006

LP's do sound different from CD's - confirmed

In my extremely scientific experiment tonight I can confirm that vinyl sounds different to CDs'. Not sure why, maybe it's the scratches but there is a definate difference. So tonight listened to John Miles - Stranger in the city, OMD - architecture and morality and Pam Hall - Dear boopsie. Enough of this indulgence for now. My choice was influenced by the fact that I will try and listen only to those LP's for which I have not bought a CD replacement. And there's a rip off if ever there was one. Artists complain about illegal downloads but don't complain that over the last 15 years I have most of my record collection on vinyl, cassette and CD! Three times I have bought the same record! Not counting videos and DVDs of live concerts of which I have the LP etc.....Now it's my turn.

Ran 8km tonight. Nothing exceptional really to report apart from the fact that I do run through some lovely countryside and seeing those new lambs bouncing and running around makes me feel less likely to eat a roast this Sunday. Well, perhaps beef.

4 comments:

beanz said...

don't think of lambs in holland - all bulbs and greenhouses

nice music - at least the bits I know anyway

and I agree about the three times over too!

Anonymous said...

bueno nise q estoy haciendo aka comentando y too
pero ninporta ,el tema me parece muy productivo e interesante
ajaja XD ia eso adioz

Bedders said...

Well what can I say! Many thanks.

beanz said...

lol, bedders!