Sunday, April 09, 2006

The best things come in threes

I am feeing rather pleased with myself if the truth be known. Firstly NE and I have just finished a 19km run (1:55:07, ave HR 130) which went so quickly it was fantastic. It was a good pace for a LSR and felt good, even though we were nearly run over by millions of cyclists who think they own the cycle paths in Holland.

Secondly, I made sushi last night for the first time and it was really good. Easy to make and tasted great! I will be doing it again as soon as I can.

And finally yesterday morning I got up and in a flash of inspiration decided to open up and account with Ladbrokes on the internet and have a flutter on the Grand National. I couldn't believe how easy it was - and couldn't believe that I backed the winner at 12/1 and walked away with Euro 130.

Wonder what I'll do with the winnings?

Memo to self - don't rub your eyes during a run after you have recently applied Deep Heat to an aching leg.



3 comments:

beanz said...

well done!

ouch on the deep heat - makes my eyes water just to smell it!

Bedders said...

I quite like the smell - reminds me of my rugby playing days and I only use it if I am about to run so physcologically I feel the smell means excerise. But, it is impossible to get off your hands!

Did you get the mileage in this week? It sounds as if a lot of Supporters Group 6 are carrying injuries.

beanz said...

I like the smell of deep heat too - reminds me of cold Saturday afternoons watching chaps play rugby and football

yes a good week for me