Thursday, April 06, 2006

Runners group 6 at Mudchute

10 km up-and-back the canal tonight as the length of runs thankfully gets shorter (51:35 ave HR 134) and the temptation is to get it over and done with as quickly as possible.

The other day I applied to run in the New York Marathon in Nov 2006. Don't ask me why but it seemd at $9 an opportunity too good to miss. It just happened and I know that if I wait until after the ballot, which is about a week after FLM then I would never apply as I'd be feeling too tired after London. Mrs. B applied to so, hopefully plenty of good, solid blog material to look forward to if one or either of us gets in. I am told we have a 1:4 chance.

Mrs.B cancelled her appointment with Sparky the Physio this morning so we can all rest assured that our electricity bills are not going to go up next quarter due likelihood had she have gone, we would have seen a nuclear excessive use of power. Infact it is quite possible, based on last weeks entertainment that she might still be there. I do hope the physio doesn't read this as I actaully think he is one of the very best around. Just that Mrs. B doesn't.

BTW found out I was being supported by Support Group 6 at Mudchute at FLM. This is organised by Runners World formunites who are not running and is brilliant. Beanz who I know has read this blog is also in the same group. Great co incidence and obviously we have been chosen for our good taste in blogs (rather than our ability to run)

3 comments:

beanz said...

I'm not sure that it's not madder to apply for New York now rather than in 2 weeks time!!

CommonDreads- said...

Hey dad! Whats LSR? lol Ameland was GREAT! We all went hyper and had loads of fun - missed you though... anyway back now and looking forward to going to england - ITS THE EASTER HOLIDAYZ!
love you!

Bedders said...

beanz - you are right. That is why I have done it. Fancy it?

KT - missed you so much. LSR= LONG SLOW RUN. Have a great holiday. You deserve it. Love u. xxxxxxxxxxxx