Sunday, August 06, 2006

Stop press - Bedders tries cycling

Having sold my bike a few months ago at a car boot fair for the outrageously over-inflated price of 15 Euro, I jumped on a real racing sort of bike this afternoon in an attempt to get to enjoy cycling. I do not understand where my aversion to cycling came from. I can only think that my parents used to make me cycle all the way from home every sunday am to play table tennis and it was forever against the wind when all the other people got a lift from their parents and I therefore hated it. As that was nearly 30 years ago it was time to move on and try again.

Not a great deal has changed apart from the bike itself, the gears, the brakes, the saddle and the clippy little shoes that you now have to wear. And although I only cycled a few kms I really enjoyed it. Tour de France never, but tour de Vlietland lake - maybe.

Have run 45 km this week. Biggest week since Flora London Marathon and all wrapped up with a 12km at ave HR 133 today. The afternoon was spent in the boat negotiating our first Dutch lock. Nothing to it......

No comments: