Friday, March 30, 2007

Another door opens......

It's always the way. The closer you get to the start line, the more niggles, you seem to get. If it's not the knee it's now the right calf which is still a bit tight from Sunday. Hasn't stopped me running about 30 km this week, but still needs care and attention. As a precaution I have booked a physio session on Monday morning with Sparky (see previous posts from about a year ago) so if after my 19km on Sunday it is a problem, then at least something can be done about it.

Also completely out of character, I have not had a decent drink for nearly two weeks now. I think I have had about 4 glasses of wine in the whole 14 day period. Unusual behaviour to say the least. The whole idea of this running lark was that once I had reached 40, I ran so that I could enjoy a drink and eat what I wanted without exploding. But the closer I get to Rotterdam the less I feel like it.

Family B are back in Blighty for the Easter hols leaving Bedders here in Holland. Having literally just set up a business here I thought it may be considered a little complacent to take the first week of trading off as a holiday.

So, today is the last day with the company I have worked for since I graduated 23 years ago and on Monday the doors open to my new business.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bold but admirable move to leave your old company and set up your own business.

It will change you life in more ways than you think!

Good luck with both injury and your business.

@GirishMallya said...

I can appreciate the feeling of doing something new after having done something for a long time (esp. your first job) as i have gone through a similar experience.
But change always brings out the best in us and am sure you will do really well.
Best wishes on your new venture as well as the Rotterdam run.

Sara said...

Good luck!

beanz said...

wow! Exciting times.

All the best with your new venture

and ignore the niggles just taper, taper, taper

x

Bedders said...

hi daddy you did relly well love you lots charlottexxxxxxxx