Monday, March 26, 2007

Thank goodness that's over

With the last long run behind me, it's three weeks to go to Rotterdam. 35 long km yesterday felt like the real deal. Cold at the start, windy and surrounded by 7ft tall Dutch men is one way of spending a Sunday morning. Maybe that fact that the last 5 km was hard had something to do with the fact that the total km for last week amounted to 75km. While it was tough getting through the run I don't expect to do that kind of mileage the week before the marathon.

So now I begin the toughest part of the training - the taper.

5 comments:

beanz said...

well done - enjoy the taper

and keep hiding behind the tall ones!

@GirishMallya said...

Great work. Now only the final strech is left. Hope your knee pain has now disappeared...

Bedders said...

I'm having a difficult relationship with my knee at the moment. Hopefully I can get to the start line in a reasonable shape then, well, it's only 42km until I can rest up. Just very unpredictable.

Sara said...

Good luck. Hope it goes well for you.

sue said...

enjoy the taper
enjoy the run
enjoy the recovery


good stuff this running lark innit??