Thursday, March 08, 2007

New way of running injured - just ignore it

I am trying to ignore my knee injury in the faint hope that if I pay it little attention it will go away. A bit like my attitude to children and dogs that I don't like.

So have run 34 km so far this week and looking forward to a 32km LSR on Sunday. If only the rain would keep off I may be able to enjoy it. Asking for there to be no wind is like asking for the impossible but the wind and rain together while running along sand dunes really becomes dispiriting.

In total this will be another 80km week - and the knee still hurts, but as I say, I am just ignoring it.

p.s KB bought me back some jelly babies from UK last week so my stocks are back up. Last weekend I ran with Dutch- bought jelly beans which were neither made of jelly nor were they bean like. Infact they were horrible.

2 comments:

beanz said...

I can always post you some jelly babies


or wait until Amsterdam in October!

@GirishMallya said...

The Ignore it theory usually works for running related injuries!! But you need to have a escalation matrix in place, so you know when to stop pushing it. Best wishes.