Sunday, June 04, 2006

Smoke gets in your eyes

Just back from a 10 km run which is slightly worrying as the Sunday run should be my long slow run and I am afraid it was neither long nor slow. I really must get myself booked into a race to get the motivation going. Still my Garmin tells me this week I have run 33 km, have used up 3.800 calories and my av HR was 140. Not bad I suppose if you add to that the fact that I have had a practically alcohol free week in my "new me" attempt at keeping fit. Amazingly I have also not grabbed too much chocolate either, so all in all a bit of a success.

Went out to the Blue Tram restuarant last night in Voorschoten as a kind of last minute thing as the people we were going to meet up with called off due to food poisioning. Whilst I was quite happy to stay indoors, Mrs. B reminded me that it was last August since we actually went out for meal togther on our own, so, feeling extremely guilty and with my head held low we went to the restaurant - and it was so good we have booked it up again for this Thursday. It is one of the few restuarants we have found that has a smoking free area in which to eat. All restaurants should have this as requirement in my view - why should I have to suffer other people's smoke while I am eating?

No comments: