Friday, June 30, 2006

London + 1.5kg

After the sad demise of the Bedders bicycle last week and a bit of travel on business, this has been a practically exercise free week. I have only ran twice and I must say that last night I began to feel for the first time since London a little less than fit. I did weigh myself and found that I had put on just 1.5kg since FLM which I guess is not that bad. Ran a pretty standard 8km last night and would have been in quite a good time if the bridge that I run over had not been lifted up for a boat to go under. Each bridge lifting exercise in Holland takes between 1:30 - 2:30 mins depending on how many boats eventually go through. But as I say with the heat and the fact that I am ruinning less, then it just did not feel easy.

But I have proved one thing. The less you run the fewer injuries you get. Since running London and after my 4 week post marathoin run-free period, I have tried to run at least 30km per week or alternatively burn 3.000 calories. This is the first week since FLM that I will not have done that.

Two weeks to go before I start my half marathon training program for Amsterdam, so I guess enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments: