Sunday, July 02, 2006

We are never happy......too hot, too cold....

Running today 12km was more difficult than running FLM in April. With the temp at around 25 degrees and it being humid I really did wonder at about 6km whether I was going to get round. This being a 12km loop I had no other option but to continue. After my experience in Chicago last September I am so careful to run and keep asking myself if I feel the same as I felt then If the answer is yes then it's stop time. Thankfully I ran with water but it was tough. Now I know why I prefer to train in the winter for marathons. I know in previous blogs I have moaned about the cold weather, wind and rain, but frankly I think I prefer that. The altneraive is to do what NE and I did last year amd get up at 06:30 for the long runs in the summer. But it is still difficult.

Having spent most of yesterday outdoors, today is the same. So ahoy there shipmate, it's time to cast away, get on the boat and join the rest of Holland on the canal this afternoon.

3 comments:

beanz said...

come on you can do it!

I have been going out at about 7ish these warm days - it is the only way

@GirishMallya said...

I think most would agree that its a lot easier running in cold weather and rains, compared to summers, esp. in tropical countries where the temperature is 35degree C plus in the summers.
Plus even a 1-2kg weight gain has an impact on long runs, I am facing a similar situation myself.

Bedders said...

B - am? Too right. But I am just not a morning person. Actually I am not a pm persopn either . I kind of peak around midday then that's it.

L - Good luck. I really mean it. Night time running for me gets the adrenaline so high that I can't sleep. Early alarm is the only answer. At least you don't have to play chicken with a load of cyclists.

G - I do not know how you find the time to run in Mumbai when the temp is not so hot. Walking is tricky and sweaty let alone running. Are you sure you don't want me to send you over some SIS re hydration drink powder?