Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Spring time marathons have their attractions

I know come December I will look back on tonight's missed run with incredulity (if that is how you spell it). It was simply too hot to run. Too humid, too hot and that's it. For all my blog friends training to run Abingdon, Singapore, Berlin and a little later Chicago and then New York, you just have to grin and bear it and get out at the crack of dawn. I reckon past 10.30 in the morning and that is it. I am so glad I am not having to stick to a marathon or half marathon schedule yet as I think I would be well and truely behind. (Abingdon- Singapore- Berlin has a kind of ring about it doesn't it)

Also am I the only one in the world who gets extremely irritated by kids toys and stuff appearing at home, on the floor, in the lounge? Designed to cause injury to unsuspecting runners. With CB and KB having more room than I know in which to throw their junk why does it always appear under my feet in the one room in the house that Mrs B. and I have some claim over? And why do kids always leave their stuff just where they want? The concept of tidying up is alien.....and if I see another felt tip pen on the floor, abandoned, then I swear I shall not be responsible for my actions.

Oh well, must have been a bad day at work - no run and kids c**p to contend with. Roll on tomorrow.

A BLUE FELT TIP PEN HAS JUST APPEARED - must go

5 comments:

beanz said...

they do grow up eventually and then just spread their belongings on their bedroom floor

which becomes a no go area!

@GirishMallya said...

I think you are being a little harsh on kids (yes, yes.... I know that I dont know - first hand, what its like to have them around). And yes, all of us growup, dont we!!

Anonymous said...

Grin and bear it, its a phase that all kids go thru, it will be over soon and be replaced by other bugbears.

Anonymous said...

Amit/Girish - you are both right of course, but it gets very frustrating. We are blessed to have two lovely kids. But those bloody felt tip pens!!!!

B. - I bow to your experience. the trick is to give them smaller bedrooms?

Anonymous said...

NOOO!! I love my bedroom! if you did that, i wouldnt have room for all the stuff and would HAVE to move it downstairs.. in which case its in your interest to keep me in my room....and its loobies junk not mine!!! i just hav magazines!

Girish you are absolutely right - far too harsh on kids!