Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Never happy

Never happy are we? To cold to run in the winter and too hot to run in the summer. Having said that anyone who enjoys running in this weather needs to book themselves in and have a check over. Went out on Sunday evening (probably around 30 degrees) and it felt as if I was never going to finish. I am slightly nervous of running in the heat after my experience in Chicago 18 months ago, but how people can run in hot climates and train for marathons etc is beyond me. The only way to do it is to get up very early (not for me) or go our very late (not for me either).

This Sunday is the local Leiden marathon. I bet the organisers are praying for rain and cooler temperaturs otherwise they may have a medical nightmare on their hands. Ice bath anyone?

Mrs. B and CB went out on Sunday for a 3 hour hack on horseback. Expecting to be fed and watered (horses and riders) they stopped after about an hour and were given half a cup of 7 Up. See, we should be thankful for the hundreds of water stations that are manned each year by volunteers when we run!

If the temp falls below 25 degrees then I will be back out tonight. I am still keeping up my mission to run off just over 3.500 calories per week, but I reckon the copious amounts of white wine I am drinking to stave off dehydration mean that I should really double this. Roll on the winter!

No comments: