Thursday, May 29, 2008

Now I know why I don't like swimming

Dragging myself out of bed at 06.30 this morning to get into a cold swimming pool (having been out v.v. late on Weds in London and getting up at 05.30 yesterday to get a flight home), I realised why I never really wanted to get into swimming.

It seems that swimmers go out early, get their swim done and then get home again, all before 08.00. Well, that's fine if you are not constantly knackered or travelling as I seem to be at the moment.

Still, swam 1500m in about 34 mins. Not sure if that if that is good or bad, but it was fairly leisurely so I was pleased.

Already looking forward to the next tri in July.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats what i call dedication though. Me, I would have put it off until later. I did a 45 min 10K at Dorney Lake Sunday so slowly getting back up to speed.

Bedders said...

Nice one. That's a good marker. Must admit the running has taken a back seat recently. How long to Amsterdam?

Anonymous said...

142 days 22 hours 50 minutes 2 seconds :-)
Should start training for this around mid June - already not looking forward to the 30+ km training runs!

beanz said...

Well done on getting in the water - about half a minute a length sounds pretty good to me.
Is Henley a pool swim?
I suppose at least if you are travelling it means there is work coming in.

sue said...

Hi there, I just popped by on the off chance as I've been doing occasionally over the past year. Nice to see you back, so sorry you seem to have had a tough time of it. I just missed you at ?London. I like the Tri training myself, I'm no better at that than running, but it's a nice variety.

Keep well