Monday, May 19, 2008

All that way for a coffee


Yesterday I had a decision to take - run the Leiden half marathon which takes place just around the corner from me and you can sign up pretty much up to the last minute, or go for a cycle ride.

Cycling won as it was a lovely day and I didn't really want to put anymore pressure on my over worked limbs by running an unplanned half.

So clippy shoes on I went out for a 60km cycle - 30 km out, stopped for a coffee, then 30km back (average speed 31km). What I am not quite used to yet in this cycling business is that I am not actually very good at it. So when I bust a gut to over take someone, seconds later they fly past me barely breathing deeply. I must learn to pick my targets better and not try and over take the fit ones.

Girls are coming round later which is real fun - attached pic of CB showing me how it should be done on the trampoline. Makes your eyes water...........

1 comment:

beanz said...

So you need to practice more on the bike :>)

Some trampolining that.