Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's back..................

Nearly a year since the last post and I'm back. Thank goodness that the technology seems to be pretty similar!

Due to the fact that KT and others asked me a few weeks ago to get it up and running and because I have so much to say, the Go Bedders! blog rises from the ashes.

Quite a bit has gone on since the last time - I have had a long injury to my foot which has kept my running down to a minimum during the winter (I pulled out of an Autumn marathon as I had planned to run Amsterdam) and I started to get a bit bored of the marathon training schedule. I said when I was 40 that I would run a marathon a year until I was 50 then take a rain check. So far so good.

What I didn't promise myself was that I would also take part in triathlons. I finished my first yesterday and will write up my experience later.

One of the reasons I have not written this blog is that since I last hit the blogging keyboard I have been rather busy divorcing my wife. While this is a running/tri blog and will remain that way, I say now that I have always used this blog to mentioned unusual/bizzare/ridiculous things that happen in my life and I now have an endless source of blog material thanks to my ex wife. Probably worth a blog on it's own. More later.

Anyway, it's back and hopefully will inspire others to get involved in running (and now cycling and swimming!)

By the way, a quick "hi" to KT and CB (who had her 10th birthday yesterday) without whom over the last few months I do know how I would have got where I am today. I love you both so much. Thanks for the inspiration.

4 comments:

beanz said...

welcome back :>)

Bedders said...

thanks!

Bedders said...

need a new pic though don't I!

Anonymous said...

Hey welcome back. REally missed your blog, would come once every few month to check if you were back.

Guess what I was considering to get into tri's myself (but there are no serious Tri's in India, so I will have to go down to south east asia for one & managing a cycle for that is going to be a pain). After my ultra marathon experience I know I can easily manage the swimming distance.

And yes, you do need a new picture! For the new Bedders!!