Sunday, June 01, 2008

Big effort needed

OK. A whole week of fun has to stop. Only ran 20 km and swam 1500 m so now I must knuckle down to some serious training for Henley otherwise not only will I not fit into my Pirate gear (and it was petty tight-fitting at Stratford) but I will disgrace myself by being very slow.

Thanks to everyone for the lovely comments since I have been back blogging. The last 8 months have been pretty turbulent. But now I am looking forward rather than back - and it looks a whole lot brighter.

Roll on Henley/Amsterdam/NYC 2009/Ironman 2009.......................blimey, did I say Ironman?!!!

5 comments:

beanz said...

excellent - they'll be naming the pirate venue for 2009 next weekend at Bala - money's on Switzerland with Lanzarote an outside chance.

Bedders said...

I fancy Switzerland. In fact I had entered for the 70.3 in Switzerland that was on Sunday just gone but my training plan went a bit off plan.....thanks

beanz said...

I fancy Switzerland - it may well be in my hols, so I could come
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
and support, you didn't think I'd contemplate doing it did you.

@GirishMallya said...

Hey great going. you are going to do the ironman before I can manage it!

Bedders said...

Before everyone gets excited on my behalf can I just add anyone is willing to join me!