Monday, June 16, 2008

Henley preparation stalls

This weekend I only managed 20km running as I enjoyed myself far too much Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday in England. So it's back to the salads for this week as I crank up my training for Henley on July 13. What pleased me was that after this weekends fun I have not put on a single gram in weight so there is some consolation that my Pirate gear still fits.

Friday night was great fun as I think after a lovely meal and lots of crazy discussion NE has decided that he may also do Ironman in Switzerland next year. That would be so good - if you are reading this mate, then it would be so good to do it together.

I received the photos from Stratford and will have to find a way to get them on here as one of them, with me finishing the run, is an absolute scream.

3 comments:

beanz said...

tsk
we do have swimming pools and running routes you know
well doen NE
[beanz chuckles as another is lured to the dark side!]

Anonymous said...

i would say more tempted than actualy lured - brain vs heart battling it out at the moment
I am sure that if Mr B had an entry form with him on Friday evening I would have signed up on the spot but in the cold light of day ...... ????

Bedders said...

Well if you want my opinion it's worth another dinner at Loch Fyne any day to discuss it further!

Oh, go on!

Talking of the "cold light of day"... the cold light of day at 07.00 on July 15 2009 will be something to remember but at least we will have our wetsuits on.