Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ironman Switzerland 2009

In a moment of madness I have committed to doing the Ironman Switzerland 2009 next July. Can't really understand why but there we go. So quick change of plan now means that the Amsterdam marathon in October becomes a sort of training run!

Blimey.

Thank goodness I went and swam 1500m this morning - no harm in getting the training in early is there. I do think however that this means not just a load of training but also a few life changes - in the eating and drinking department. Anyone who knows me willing to offer any advice?

4 comments:

beanz said...

swim a bit bike a lot run a lot
save the chocs for treats
ditto the wine

hah! if only I could

Bedders said...

sound advice....do you not mean "drink" the wine? I am not sure I know how to "ditto" wine.

beanz said...

:>)

@GirishMallya said...

Makes perfect sense. I just realised this week that a olympic distance Tri is just way too easy and a waste of time.

Medium distance tri is a decent challenge, but I think it just makes much more sense to directly do the Ironman.

After reading your post, I am getting some not so good thoughts of bring forward my Ironman from 2010 to 2009 (at current levels I can manage a max about 2km swim, 50km biking, 15-20km run - individually... doing them back to back will be a totally different story)!

Do I need to say anything more....