Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Time to take a running break

Running last week was harder than I thought and now I have picked up a small but rather irritating injury I think I will do what I had planned to do and have a real two week break from running. The downside of course is that the weight piles on, but, as was pointed out to me by BZ there is plenty of time before the next marathon. And you don't realise how much 42.2km take it out of you (well, you do, but you just try and ignore it)

I am traveling next week to Asia and doubt if I will take my running shoes etc as it only means hotel treadmills and my history with those is well documented. Plus I am genuinely going to be too busy to run (unless I get up in the middle of the night......).

ps good luck KB on the exams coming up - thought I'd post a pic of you revising......


2 comments:

beanz said...

good idea to take time out - you gave your body a real hammering 2 weeks ago

ooh KB - you seem to be revising in the same way the teenbeanzes (and students everywhere) do !

have a safe journey when you go

@GirishMallya said...

You might still want to take your running shoes with you... you might just feel like running. And might be a good idea to go for a short run around your hotel (instead of the treadmill) ...