Thursday, May 17, 2007

Hello Amsterdam

After a week on business in Asia I returned to find that I had not actually got a place at the NY marathon through the ballot so, decision taken - it's Amsterdam in October.

A quick calculation tells me that I can eat, drink and be merry until June 18 week then it's back to a marathon training schedule. As I have done far too much of that in the last week I think this weekend is the final blowout then it's back to running. I have had 5 weeks break since Rotterdam so no more excuses.

I did not run in Asia as I am now refusing to run on treadmills in hotel gyms. A little personal protest at how boring I think they are (which will obviously have no effect at all, but makes me feel better).


3 comments:

beanz said...

welcome back!

see you there :>)

Cath Delaney said...

Wondered where you'd been!

Marathon training... (shudder).

I'll be on for Dublin in October (think it might be the same day actually) so I'll be along for the ride with the training.

Wheeeeeee! Summer mara training..

sue said...

Hi there Bedders - nice to see you again!

Yes Dublin for me too! I think I'll be doing lots of early morning training for that one!


Sorry about NY - maybe next year eh?