Saturday, May 05, 2007

I couldn't resist it

This morning I got up at 5:15am because I couldn't sleep, did a few emails and some admin, went back to bed for half an hour then ran a sneaky 8km because I could not resist it. Now I know some readers of this blog will think I have become on of those middle of the night runners, but fear not as it was I can assure you a one-off.

Also I have pinpointed my latest little injury I think - a return to a bit of sciatica that I had a few years ago. Best get it out of the way now rather than have it after an 18 week training program.

8 comments:

beanz said...

Ha! and you thought I wouldn't notice the time you posted on my blog?

and was it good at that early hour?

get the sciatica sorted asap, can't have you lying around in bed instead of running :>)

@GirishMallya said...

Exactly the reason why I suggested you carry your shoes at all times. You never know when and where you might need it...

Cath Delaney said...

Ditto what Beanz said. I'm making a note in my diary of this 5am malarkey.

¦oD

Anonymous said...

guys, guys, guys.....it was a one off and I will only ever do it again if I have jet lag OK?

Also I felt tired all day due to getting up so early so what's the point?

Cath Delaney said...

Agree completely. Can't stand morning runs. I'd rather poke my eyes out with a blunt stick!!

beanz said...

ok ok

If all you runners were out in the early morning it wouldn't be so peaceful anyway!

Needs must for me.

@GirishMallya said...

Completely agree with Beanz.

And I thought morning runs are suppose to ensure high energy levels all day!

beanz said...

they do for me, girish, gives me a real buzz for the day